Thursday, February 24, 2011
Spreadsheet 2
This is another assignment that involved the use of Microsoft Excel. I have some sort of mental block with Excel, therefore, this assignment was also difficult for me to complete. First, I was presented with test grades, project grades, and assignment grades on a spreadsheet. I had to use a formula to determine the weighted average of these activities. I then created a formula to give each semester grade a letter value. Then, I created an average score for the class, the minimum and maximum scores, as well as the range. After completing this, I used a formula on Excel to determine the numbers of each letter grade. Last, but not least (this was my favorite part), I added a background color and borders to my worksheet. My spreadsheet was uploaded to Google Docs and can be seen here. By completing this activity, I have learned that Excel offers many features that can help educator's track student progress. The ISTE NETS T standards that relate to this activity are: 3.a. and 3.d.. Due to using Excel and uploading the spreadsheet to Google Docs, teachers demonstrate fluency in technology systems and the transfer of current knowledge (Excel) to new systems (Google Docs) and teachers are able to model and facilitate the effective use of current and emerging digital tools to analyze learning (teachers are able to determine the progress that their students are making, and possibly make changes to their curriculum).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment