Monday, February 21, 2011
Spreadsheet 1
This has been the most difficult assignment for me this semester. I have always struggled with using Microsoft Excel. Today, I utilized a spreadsheet to determine the average grades of students and then place the averages in descending order. I had difficulty with coming up with an average between the three terms and it took a while for me to realize that I needed to include the "cell" for each term in my formula. Then, in the process of uploading my document to Google documents, I somehow lost it. I had to start all over again! You can view my spreadsheet here: Spreadsheet 1. Using spreadsheets can be very useful in the classroom to maintain students records or to double check other methods of grade/record keeping. I feel like that Microsoft Excel is a useful tool, although I need to spend more time becoming familiar with it. I did learn a lot about Excel and patience while completing this assignment, and would use it in my future classroom. The ISTE NETS T standards that relate to today's activity are: 3.a and 3.d., as teachers can utilize Excel to demonstrate fluency in technology systems and the transfer of current technology to new technology (uploading a Microsoft Excel document to Google Documents), and teachers are able to facilitate effective use of current digital tolls to analyze/evaluate information resources to promote research/learning (by using this tool, teachers can easily compute grades and other information to determine how well the class is doing in a quick manner).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment