Today, I learned how to use technology to create a graph online. I was instructed to complete one activity relating to fourth grade reading scores. The second activity related to eighth grade reading scores. First, I gathered the information to use in my graph at NAEP and then entered the information at Kid's Zone, which is a website that helps to create multiple styles of graphs online. Then, I created my two documents (see the first two links above) on Google Docs. I uploaded my graphs to Google Docs and then included the required narratives as part of the documents.For the first narrative, I presented an argument for the need for more funding for reading programs, and for the second narrative, I presented an argument that the funding for reading programs is adequate.I was able to manipulate my graphs to back up my arguments. This was a very interesting and fun activity that could be used in a multitude of classroom activities, such as providing a visual aid that can strengthen an argument. The ISTE NETS T standards that relate to this activity are: 1.c., 3.c., and 3.d. This is because this activity uses collaborative tools (graphs) to clarify the student's understanding, communicate relevant information to students, peers, and community (through the executive summary/graph), and students are able to facilitate effective use of digital tools (graphs) to analyze information resources to support research and learning.
Please see the links above for the entire documents including the executive summaries.


No comments:
Post a Comment