Friday, January 28, 2011

Google Profile/Reader

For today's assignment, I created a Google Profile and a Google Reader page. I subscribed to two blogs that appeal to new teachers, since I am new to the teaching field. The first blog that I chose is called Reality 101: CEC's Blog For New Teachers. This blog provides a glimpse into the classrooms of several special education teachers. Due to reading this blog (thus far), I have gained a better perspective of what happens in the classroom. The second blog is titled Tweenteacher.com, which provides discussion about topics such as teacher layoffs, teacher responsibilities, and the history of education. I learned about some of the professional issues that teachers encounter outside of the classroom from this blog.This activity can be used in the classroom to help students develop organization skills and become involved in the virtual world. The ISTE NETS T standards that mostly relate to this assignment are 1.d. and 3.d. By using Google Reader, teachers/students are able to model collaborative knowledge construction by engaging in learning with students and colleagues in a virtual environment, and teachers can model and facilitate the use of emerging tools (Google Reader) to locate and analyze information resources to support research and learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment