Monday, January 24, 2011

Publish/Make Your Resume

Today, I created a document (resume) using Google Documents for the first time. Google Documents is a free online word processing program which seems to have a lot of interesting features. First, I went to my g-mail account, selected documents, and then selected the template for my resume. I completed and saved my resume and then published it. I was a little apprehensive about completing this assignment, but it was actually simple. Google Documents can be used in the classroom as a universal word-processing tool. The ISTE NETS T standards that reflect this assignment are: 2.a. and 3.a. By utilizing and sharing Google Documents, teachers/students are able to design/adapt learning experiences that incorporate digital tools (Google Documents) to promote student learning, and teachers are able to demonstrate fluency in technology systems (Google Documents) and the transfer of current knowledge to new technologies and situations (such as using a Word Document and applying/transferring this information to a Google Document).

No comments:

Post a Comment