Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Philosophy

Today, I created a document, Philosophy, using Microsoft Word and learned how to obtain  a Flesch-Kincaid readability score, mine rated a 10.4. I then uploaded this document into Google Documents and published it.The second part of my assignment involved creating an avatar through Voki For Web. I inserted text from my second question into the avatar and my avatar will actually speak the text  that I entered. This activity could be used in an English classroom by having students evaluate their writing abilities through Flesch-Kincaid. Using Voki For Web could be used in students creating a character from a novel and using the text box to speak passages or quotations from the novel. The ISTE NETS T standards that relate to this assignment are: 2.a. and 2.c. This is because teachers can promote creative thinking and inventiveness (creating a speaking character through Voki) and promoting student reflection using tools to clarify students understanding and creative process (by applying a visualization of a character and text).

No comments:

Post a Comment