Friday, April 1, 2011

Prezi

This activity required that I create a Prezi presentation. I had to play around with the settings, text box, and "zebra" in order to figure out what I needed to do. Prezi provides an interesting format in which presentations can be created. It can be more visually appealing than Powerpoint, as you can only view one slide at a time on PowerPoint. With Prezi, items can be grouped and viewed together in a more appealing manner. One disadvantage that Prezi has is that excessive "zooming" and "panning" techniques can make the viewers dizzy. Also, it was difficult to frame some of my text/images so that it was displayed correctly once was "zoomed."  There is a specific tool that allows you to embed a YouTube video, which is also easy to use and provides more options to include in your presentation. For my presentation, I reviewed the WV CSO's for seventh grade Reading and Language Arts. I chose RLA.O.7.2.4, which involves using the five-step writing process in writing tasks. Prezi can be used as a great presentation tool in the classroom. Visual information, as well as embedded YouTube videos, can be beneficial to visual and auditory learners.The tools provide avenues for very interesting presentations and the zooming tool can grab the attention of all students. My Prezi can be found at the following link: MyPresentation. The ISTE NETS-T standards that relate to this activity are:  1.a., 2.a., and 3.c. Teachers can promote creativity and inventiveness by creating assignments in which students create their own Prezi presentation. By using Prezi, educators are able to incorporate digital tools that aid in student learning. Teachers can effectively communicate information to students, parents, and colleagues by using Prezi.

No comments:

Post a Comment